To learn more about the Fever Tick eradication efforts, please click here
Learn more about Texas entry requirements and requirements for animals moving within the state.
Dallam County Elk Tests Positive for Chronic Wasting Disease. Read more.
Our mission is:
- to protect the animal industry from, and/or mitigate the effects of domestic, foreign and emerging diseases;
- to increase the marketability of Texas livestock commodities at the state, national and international level;
- to promote and ensure animal health and productivity;
- to protect human health from animal diseases and conditions that are transmissible to people; and,
- to prepare for and respond to emergency situations involving animals by conducting agency business in a responsive, cooperative and transparent manner.