Our mission is:
- to protect the animal industry from, and/or mitigate the effects of domestic, foreign and emerging diseases;
- to increase the marketability of Texas livestock commodities at the state, national and international level;
- to promote and ensure animal health and productivity;
- to protect human health from animal diseases and conditions that are transmissible to people; and,
- to prepare for and respond to emergency situations involving animals by conducting agency business in a responsive, cooperative and transparent manner.