TAHC confirmed fever ticks on a new premises in the Live Oak County CPQA, read more.
Panhandle Fires: Keep up with the latest information here.
Keep up with the latest Chronic Wasting Disease Information here.
Learn more about Texas entry requirements and requirements for animals moving within the state.
Our mission is:
- to protect the animal industry from, and/or mitigate the effects of domestic, foreign and emerging diseases;
- to increase the marketability of Texas livestock commodities at the state, national and international level;
- to promote and ensure animal health and productivity;
- to protect human health from animal diseases and conditions that are transmissible to people; and,
- to prepare for and respond to emergency situations involving animals by conducting agency business in a responsive, cooperative and transparent manner.
In the News
- 3/23 USDA Announces Eradication of New World Screwworm in Florida, learn more.
- 3/16 TAHC Releases Equine Herpes Virus Quarantine in Denton County. Read more.
- Click here to learn more about the Texas Panhandle Wildfires
- Register Today: 3/23 TAHC Certified Postmortem CWD Sample Collection Class in Ft. Worth