Animal Disease Traceability
Click on the button at the right to log in. Review your information and make any necessary updates.
Cattle Traceability & TaggingAcceptable Forms of Official Identification
The TAHC is seeking to develop partnerships with interested veterinary practitioners to help distribute these free tags. While producers may apply the tags themselves, veterinarians will have the opportunity to provide tagging services to their clients.
If you are interested in distributing tags, please contact the TAHC Animal Disease Traceability Team at firstname.lastname@example.org, 1-800-550-8242 ext. 733, or your local TAHC Regional office. Your business name and contact information can be added to a searchable list of tag providers posted on the TAHC homepage.
Relevant ADT News Releases
Changes to National Animal Identification Framework
- General Questions and Answers: Animal Disease Traceability Proposed Rule
- Questions and Answers for Producers of Different Species Groups
- Summary of Traceability Economic Analysis
- February 5 Press Release: USDA ANNOUNCES NEW FRAMEWORK FOR ANIMAL DISEASE TRACEABILITY
- Questions and Answers: New Animal Disease Traceability Framework
- State/Tribal Forum on Animal Disease Traceability
If you have any questions about premises registration or need assistance, please contact the TAHC Premises & Animal Identification Help Desk at
1-800-550-8242, extension 733 or TXPRS@tahc.texas.gov.
For more information about animal disease traceability, please see the USDA Animal Disease Traceability Page.