Veterinary Authorized Personnel
This section of the website was developed to become a quick reference for you as a Texas veterinary practitioner to find information regarding the Texas Animal Health Commission Authorized Personnel Program. The Veterinary Authorized Personnel Program regulations and requirements apply to Texas veterinarians engaging in an activity that is part of a state or federal disease control or eradication program. Veterinarians issuing certificates of veterinary inspection for livestock, exotic livestock, fowl, and/or exotic fowl must also be TAHC Authorized Personnel.
The TAHC Authorized Personnel Program: What Veterinarians Need To Know — Dr. Susan Culp, Staff Veterinarian: Authorized Personnel Program Leader
Questions about the TAHC Veterinary Authorized Personnel Program not answered here? Contact us at email@example.com or call Ms. Laura Leal at (512) 719-0761 or Dr. Susan Culp at (512) 719-0716.
Upcoming Training Webinar Opportunities
TAHC Bovine Trichomoniasis Certification Webinars:
- Thursday, March 8, 2018 - 12:00 PM - 1:30 PM CST
- Tuesday, March 20, 2018 - 7:00 AM - 8:30 AM CST
- Wednesday, March 28, 2018 - 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM CST
- Tuesday, April 3, 2018 - 12:00 PM - 1:30 PM CST
- Thursday, April 12, 2018 - 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM CST
- Wednesday, April 25, 2018 - 7:00 AM - 8:30 AM CST
- Tuesday, May 1, 2018 - 12:00 PM - 1:30 PM CST
- Thursday, May 10, 2018 - 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM CST
- Wednesday, May 23, 2018 - 7:00 AM - 8:30 AM CST
- Friday, June 1, 2018 - 12:00 PM - 1:30 PM CST
- Thursday, June 7, 2018 - 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM CST
- Friday, June 22, 2018 - 7:00 AM - 8:30 AM CST
TAHC Certified CWD Veterinarian Webinars:
- Wednesday, March 14, 2018 - 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM CST
- Tuesday, April 24, 2018 - 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM CST
- Thursday, May 24, 2018 - 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM CST
- Tuesday, June 5, 2018 - 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM CST
To register for an upcoming TAHC training webinar, please review the list of webinars above and send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org with your preferred date and time. A Skype webinar invitation will be e-mailed to you.
Veterinary Authorized Personnel Application Process
If you had brucellosis-approved status with TAHC as of March 1, 2014, through training as a Texas A&M College of Veterinary Medicine student or training at one of our TAHC Region Offices, no additional training is required at this time. To transfer your brucellosis-approved status and apply for Authorized Personnel status, please print the application from the link below and mail the completed original signed document to the P. O. Box listed on the application.
If you did not previously have brucellosis-approved status with TAHC, you must complete TAHC Authorized Personnel orientation.
The next in-person orientation class is scheduled for Tuesday, January 30, 2018 at the TAHC Office in Austin. To register for that free continuing education class, contact email@example.com.
If you are unable to attend an orientation in person, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss completing your orientation electronically.
Requirements for Applying for TAHC Authorized Personnel Status:
- All applicants much have a DVM or equivalent degree from an accredited college of veterinary medicine
- All applicants must have an Active Texas license in the State of Texas
- All applicants must be currently Category II Accredited with USDA
Forms & Courses
- Veterinary Authorized Personnel Program Application and Instructions
- Veterinary Authorized Personnel Program Modules