Texas State-Federal Laboratory
The Texas State-Federal Laboratory in Austin provides laboratory support for TAHC and USDA cooperative programs and surveillance activities. We are proud to be part of the National Animal Health Laboratory Network (NAHLN).
Laboratory services include a variety of tests for bovine tuberculosis, bovine and swine brucellosis, and pseudorabies in swine, as well as identification of livestock ectoparasites (such as ticks and mites) or suspected screwworms.
- Supplies such as 40-count boxes and mailers, tick collection kits, and tuberculin can be ordered by calling the lab at 512-832-6580.
- Print a label to ship samples to the Texas State-Federal Laboratory in Austin
- Brucellosis samples
- Samples must be accompanied by an official test document such as a VS 4-33 or VS 4-54 form (Brucellosis Test Record or Market Cattle Testing Program Test Record).
- Blood samples (serum) will be screened with the Rapid Automated Presumptive (RAP) test, and follow-up testing on RAP positives will be conducted according to current USDA and TAHC requirements.
- If other specific tests are needed (for example to meet export requirements for another country), please clearly indicate the purpose of the test and which tests you are requesting on the test chart.